The Accounting Students’ Association (ASA) strives to become the leading student-run association in preparing students for their accounting and business related careers.
ASA was founded in 2001 in conjunction with the Department of Accounting and Business Information Systems at the University of Melbourne. Currently, ASA is a Faculty of Business and Economics (FBE) and University of Melbourne Student Union (UMSU) affiliated student society.
ASA Mission, Values & Objectives
At ASA, we aim to:
- Foster stronger relationships between students and potential employers;
- Educate Commerce students about the challenging and dynamic opportunities of a career as a qualified accountant;
- Provide a networking platform between members, their peers and industry leaders;
- Tailor professional events to suit the diverse range of students at the University of Melbourne;
- Support the personal and professional development of our members;
- Share our knowledge and resources to instill University of Melbourne students with valuable transferable skills;
- Provide personalised events to help our members achieve their career goals; and
- Showcase high quality members to our sponsors.